Monday, May 20, 2019

This blog follows MMOGs and their failures. Enough with the death threats please. Oh and no, Anthem will NOT be at E3.

So, I am not entirely sure why my Anthem post is getting so much hate. I simply write about what I hear in the gaming industry, with a bit of my own sarcasm thrown in for good measure.
The blog is not monetized and it never will be. I am doing this just to track all the issues with the industry as a whole, especially when it comes to MMO games.
I have been doing this for quite a while now but never received so many outright vicious e-mails.

Let me share one with you, as it is my favorite so far. Not quite a death threat, more like a death wish, and a funny one at that. Obviously written by a preteen fan of the game that also likes to watch YouTube videos and take them at their word.

To keep in line with the letter, I am going to use ALL CAPS SO IT LOOKS LIKE I AM YELLING. 

FIRST OF ALL, EA AS A WHOLE WILL NOT BE AT E3 (SOME GAMES WILL BE SHOWN, BUT NOT ANTHEM). I AM NOT SURE WHY SO MANY OF YOU ARE TELLING ME EA WILL BLOW US ALL AWAY AT E3 WITH LOTS OF ANTHEM NEWS. THIS IS 100% FALSE. 

INSTEAD, THEY WILL HAVE AN EA PLAY EVENT ON JUNE 8TH AND 9TH THAT WILL ALLOW PEOPLE TO TRY OUT THEIR NEWEST AND CURRENT GAMES.
THE MAIN FOCUS WILL BE EA'S OTHER OFFERINGS WITH ONLY MINOR UPDATES AND PROMISES FOR ANTHEM.
LOTS OF "CONTENT CREATORS" WILL BE SHOWCASING EA'S GAMES IN A "LIVE STREAM EXTRAVAGANZA".
I SPOKE TO A FEW PEOPLE AT EA AND MORE THAN ONE VOICED ACTUAL CONCERNS OVER THE EXPECTATIONS PEOPLE HAVE FOR ANTHEM AT EA PLAY. 
IN FACT, SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH WHAT IS BEING PLANNED RIGHT NOW FOR AT LEAST A FEW OF THE GAMES, ANTHEM INCLUDED (THIS CAN ALWAYS CHANGE) SAYS "NOTHING THAT WAS NOT ALREADY ON THE ROAD MAP WILL BE SHOWN". 
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. 

SIDE NOTE. THE PEOPLE AT BIOWARE ARE STILL HARD AT WORK ON FIXING THINGS AND ARE GETTING A PATCH READY (MOSTLY FIXES), HOWEVER IT HAS NOT EVEN BEEN SUBMITTED YET, SO IT WILL NOT BE READY THIS WEEK. THERE IS ALSO TALK OF HOLDING IT BACK UNTIL SOME CONTENT CAN BE INTRODUCED WITH IT, AS THE LAST PATCH WAS "VERY POORLY RECEIVED".


Got fails? - mmogfails@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Hmm you seem to be annoyingly right about the lack of a patch again.

    Any updates on Cataclysm? Are we getting them this month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to do a little write up about this, but will just answer here. No. No patches this month, and the communication embargo is still in place, so don't expect much from the CM's.

      As I said before, they want to show something at EA Play (and don't have much so far), but it may not even make that.

      ATM they are discussing releasing Cataclysm in parts, but even if that happens - part 1 won't land this month.

      Delete